This is the most important place of worship of Monte Rinaldo today, as the Saints Leonard and Flavian are considered Patrons of the Town. Several documents state that the Church was built in 1100, but this information has not been officially confirmed. Proof exists that there were certainly two distinct churches dedicated to each saint, but when the building nearest the wall was restored in the 16 th century, the two names were united. The church of St Flavian certainly existed and was officiated/consecrated? in 1299, as the parish priest had regularly paid taxes to the Fermano curia. At the beginning of the 19 th century, the church had a bell tower with three bells: one weighing 1000 lb, one of 400 lb and the smallest weighing 40 lb. The interior had five altars: the principal altar, the altar dedicated to Jesus and Mary, that of the Pope St Martin, the St Charles altar and that of St Anthony. Following restoration work and roof reinforcement, the number of altars was reduced to three. In 1891, the parish priest asked for the Archbishop’s permission to collect the money needed for further restoration by raising the cost of each Funeral Mass to 2 lire. The Archbishop invited priests who supported the initiative to register their willingness to devolve part of the money received for each Mass to finance the work, while promising not to raise the cost of the rite any further. In 1930, the parish priest Silenzi advised the Archbishop of the church’s state of disrepair and he approved a new renovation project. However, this would include the removal of two altars and the bell tower.