On the road that connects Montefalcone Appennino with the district known as Luogo di Sasso, immersed in the green of the forests, there is an ancient convent. It is “St. John in Selva,” quoted in Chronicon Farfense, where they repaired, at the end of the ninth century, the monks of the Abbey of Farfa, spun by Sabina to escape the attacks of the Saracens. Although of Farfense origin, the monastery has a Franciscan history. In 1223 (some 1215) some of the monks of St. Benedict were surrendered to St. Francis in person, and the Franciscans occupied it until a few decades ago. Perhaps it is the legend that St. Francis could visit Montefalcone Appennino, but there are also the memories of Franciscan history that enrich the place. A few hundred meters from the convent comes a source of St. Francis believed to have been obtained in a miraculous way by the Saint and, not far from this, another source called S. Bernardino, which makes a stop for the Saint of these places. From the convent of Montefalcone he started in 1525 Matteo da Bascio and his idea of reforming the Franciscans through the birth of the Cappuccini Order. Inside the Convent is visible a small and harmonious cloister that has in the middle a well-rounded shaft and two pillars with a toothed top. On a brick you can read the figure 1693. Annessa at the convent is the church dedicated to the cult of St. John the Baptist. The building, which was very simple, took its present form in 1776 when it was adorned with stuccoes at that time by Father Guardian Giambattista from San Severino. In 1805, however, a new chorus was built, still well preserved, all walnut, embellished with wood blanks and fine work of hymn. Lastly, they are worthy of attention to the 15th-century Crucifix in wood and always in wood, a statue of the Immaculate, as well as a canvas painting dedicated to S. Pasquale Baylon, and a second canvas in which St. Francis is painted in prayer. In the middle of the side altars there are the burials of the noble family Felici di Montefalcone and the Orsini house in Rome.