On the southernmost side of Montefalcone, right above a rocky cliff rises the today’s church of St. Michael the Archangel. The cult of St. Michael the Archangel, or S. Angelo, is a further testimony of the Lombard presence at Montefalcone Appennino, because it was the Lombards to impose the worship of the faithful Angel in the territories where they transited after their conversion to Christianity . Today’s church was built in the years between 1821 and 1824 by the City of Montefalcone and thanks to the money contribution (3,000 Roman shields) of a Livio Palmoni, a montefalconese coach of Pope Pius VII. The architectural style of the building is a Romanesque simple Greek cross, with only one nave and four side chapels, only two of which are currently visible: that of the Sacred Heart and that of Our Lady of Sorrows with the niche in which the Simulacro is kept of the Virgin. The church, since its construction, has undergone many changes.